Why is Emelda Grace superior to rattan?
Jun 13, 2023
There are a few factors that can contribute to rattan furniture not lasting as long as expected:
- Quality of the rattan: The quality of the rattan material itself can vary. Lower-quality rattan may be more prone to breakage or damage over time. It's essential to choose high-quality rattan furniture made from strong and durable rattan materials.
- Environmental factors: Rattan furniture is primarily designed for indoor use, as it is susceptible to damage from outdoor elements such as sunlight, rain, and humidity. Exposure to direct sunlight can cause the rattan to become brittle and prone to cracking. Likewise, excessive moisture can lead to mold or mildew growth, which can weaken the furniture's structure.
- Lack of maintenance: Like any furniture, rattan pieces require proper care and maintenance to prolong their lifespan. Regular cleaning, dusting, and removing spills promptly are essential. Applying protective coatings, such as a sealant or varnish, can also help prevent moisture absorption and damage.
- Weight limits and rough handling: Rattan furniture has weight limits, and exceeding them can lead to structural damage. Rough handling, such as dragging or dropping heavy objects on the furniture, can also cause it to weaken or break.
- Natural aging and wear: Over time, natural wear and tear can affect rattan furniture. The rattan fibers may start to wear down, leading to sagging or weakening of the overall structure. While this is a natural process, proper care can slow down the aging of rattan furniture.
- Its is designed to live outside - you don’t need to pack it away or have large storage areas for the cushions.
- It is resistant to:
- Our warranties will give you peace of mind that an Emelda Grace furniture set is designed to last